- Make your own way to our accommodation, The Mill at Conder Green, just south of Lancaster (clients arriving by train can be met at Lancaster station between 1600 and 1700).
- Accommodation: The Mill at Conder Green, 3-nights on full board basis
- During our two full days in Lancashire we will visit a variety of nature reserves to view the autumn migration.
- These include a visit to Leighton Moss RSPB Reserve, previously used as the base for BBC’s Autumnwatch series, to view a variety of wildfowl and waders, and the Wildfowl & Wetland Trust's Martin Mere Reserve which attracts large numbers of whooper swans and pink-footed geese. We aim to visit Marshside RSPB where we should get close views of a good variety of waders and wildfowl. There's also a good chance of raptors that could include merlin, peregrine and hen harrier. We also plan to spend some time in areas around Morecambe Bay and the Ribble Estuary, internationally important areas for migrating and over-wintering birds.
- On our final morning we can further explore the estuaries around Morecombe Bay before the tour concludes after lunch.
- For travellers departing from Lancaster railway station, a drop off at the station will be made at 14.30.
All prices are per person and include:
- Services of the naturalist leader
- All meals
- Guided activities
We stay at The Mill at Conder Green, situated south of Lancaster, on the towpath of the Lancaster Canal’s Glasson Branch. Located a short drive from the M6, it offers easy access to many of Lancashire's nature reserves. All rooms have en suite facilities.
All meals are included.
Breakfasts and dinners are taken at the hotel, and lunches are picnics provided by the hotel.
Autumn sees a spectacular migration of waders and wildfowl to the wetlands and grasslands of north west England.
- Pink-footed goose
- Whooper swan
Our time spent in Lancashire will be focused on its coastline nature reserves, including Morecambe Bay and the Ribble Estuary which are two of Europe’s most important intertidal wetland areas for migrating birds.
Ground transportation will be by minibus driven by your tour leader.
Your tour leader can meet you at Lancaster railway station between 1600-1700, from where we drive to our accommodation. Alternatively you can drive directly to Lancaster to meet the leader at the hotel.