- Fly from London to Barcelona and transfer to our hotel near Huesca. At this time of year, high mountain birds such as alpine accentor and wallcreeper, will have moved to more accessible lower altitudes, and can be spotted around the village.
- Accommodation: Loarre, near Huesca, 3-nights on full board basis.
- We travel south of Zaragoza, visiting the rolling ‘Spanish steppes’ country, where both pin-tailed and black-bellied sandgrouse can be found. Then we visit the Laguna de Gallocanta, an excellent wetland with wintering wildfowl and raptora and where, in autumn, we have the spectacle of thousands of cranes coming in to roost. Finally, we continue to our the highly attractive mediaeval town of Daroca for our stay in this area, within easy reach of both good steppe country, and Gallocanta.
- Accommodation: near Daroca, 3-nights on full board basis.
- We return to Barcelona to catch a return flight to London.
All prices are per person and include:
- Services of the naturalist leader
- All meals
- Guided activities
Our tour is two-centre, and we stay for three nights in the superb setting of Loarre – our hotel is a 'palacete' originally built in the 16th Century, a wonderful mix of renaissance and baroque architecture, followed by three nights in a lovely country hotel in the highly attractive mediaeval town of Daroca. All rooms are en suite.
All meals are included.
At this time of year the skies are full of overwintering raptors, including griffon vulture and lammergeier. We have the option to spend several evenings watching the superb spectacle of the thousands of cranes coming in to roost.
- Golden eagle
- Alpine accentor
- Dupont’s lark
Aragón is a vast region encompassing almost all types of inland wildlife habitat to be found in Spain – wetlands, the Spanish Steppes and snowcapped mountains amongst them. On our tour we aim to travel to the main habitats.
Price includes return scheduled flights London – Barcelona – London.
Ground transportation is by minibus, with driver.