- Make your way to Penzance for the passenger ferry to St Mary’s, and transfer to our hotel. In the evening there will be a slide talk by Will Wagstaff.
- Accommodation: Bell Rock Hotel, 7-nights on a half board basis.
- The diverse habitats of the islands invite investigation and the islands’ location at the most southwesterly point of Britain provides landfall for an amazing variety of migrant birds. Birds are not found here in great numbers, but you never know what you may find. Our excursions will include:
- Half day walk on St Mary’s and Seabird trip in alternate part of day, depending upon tide and weather.
- Full day on Tresco including afternoon in Tresco Abbey Gardens.
- Shearwater trip one evening.
- Full day on St Agnes.
- Full day on St Mary’s.
- Depart St Mary’s after breakfast on the ferry back to Penzance.
All prices are per person and include:
- Services of the naturalist leader
- Return passenger ferry from Penzance
- Most meals
- Guided activities
We stay at the Bell Rock Hotel in Hugh Town, St Mary's. All rooms are en suite.
Breakfast and dinner are included.
Although birds do not arrive here in great numbers they do arrive in an amazing, and surprising, variety.
- Manx shearwater (spring) / Wryneck (autumn)
- Squacco heron (spring) / Bluethroat (autumn)
- Guillemot (spring) / Lapland buntings (autumn)
- Razorbill (spring) / Pectoral sandpiper (autumn)
The diversity of habitats and the unique character of each island make the Scilly Isles a magical place to visit.
Return passenger ferry from Penzance to St Mary’s is included in the price. If you would prefer to travel on the Skybus from Land’s End, Newquay or Exeter, please contact us.
Ground transportation is by minibus, with driver.